The Odyssey Global Logistics PlatformSM
The Odyssey Global Logistics PlatformSM is a comprehensive, web-based global transportation management solution. Designed to manage day-to-day transactional logistics processes and to refine inter- and intra-enterprise movement of products, our logistics technology platform delivers:
- Transportation optimization
- Carrier selection
- Event management
Odyssey’s proprietary logistics technology allows our clients to see what we see, giving them the process, automation, real-time data and information necessary to make sound, long-range decisions and overcome costly inefficiencies and oversights.
Our proven platform erases the competency gaps associated with thinly or newly staffed departments, and our dedicated teams become virtual extensions of our clients’ logistics operations, freeing in-house resources to be strategically redeployed.
The platform provides global transportation management services across all modes of transport, allowing Odyssey to implement services involving high levels of integration and automation, while connecting the client to a large global logistics network.
Our system interfaces with the client and logistics service providers (LSPs), articulates the key steps of process, and collects and transmits the incremental data. Yet, it is designed to be flexible and can return responses to clients’ inquiries through our browser-based platform.
Odyssey’s logistics technology supports:
- Carrier Selection: Automated based on a routing guide and client-specified business rules and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Tendering: Automated carrier and LSP booking and tendering.
- Shipment Optimization: Algorithms seeking shipment consolidation savings opportunities.
- HazMat: Identifies HazMat certified carriers and visual flagging of HAZMAT shipments to carriers.
- Visibility Manager & Event Manager: Near real-time shipment visibility across all modes of transport globally, facilitating immediate issue resolution and generating automated alerts based on customer-specified business rules.
- Dashboards: Web-based, client-specific and user-configurable graphic representation of key metrics or performance indicators in a single display.
- Bulk Rack Scheduler: Book available pickup appointments.
- Carrier Performance: Logged as shipment transactions take place.